Monday, September 8, 2014

Keeping The Faith And The Shaker Heritage Society Craft Fair

This past weekend my husband and I had the pleasure of participating in the annual September craft fair at the Shaker Heritage Society site in Albany, NY. I say we had the pleasure, but if you had asked me on Saturday afternoon, I would have told you that there wasn't much pleasure in that day. 

We have a way of setting ourselves up for disappointment at times. In August I had two very successful showings at craft fairs and thought my business had finally turned a corner. The Mabee Farm craft fair caused me to start questioning my August success and Saturday at Shaker had me second guessing my craft altogether. 

The day was very humid so the few people who did attend were not in the mood to even think about, let alone buy, knitted scarves and necklaces, no matter how light and airy they might be. So, when the wind kicked up around 3:00 knocking my display pieces over, again I decided that it was time to pack up and call it a day.

A restless night, many prayers at mass Sunday morning, and a change in the weather brought people who were ready to buy, and buy they did! 

My point in telling you all of this is to reflect on how quickly we can lose sight of our goals and convictions when things don't go our way. I believe in my designs. They are well made and different. They are comfortable to wear, and add that extra pizzazz to your favorite outfits. 

Instead of remembering my beliefs I let the public's lack of interest on Saturday sway my convictions. I took their discomfort personally thinking it a rejection of my product when, in reality, they were just trying to endure the oppressive heat and humidity. I didn't look at the bigger picture. Very dangerous because it caused me to lose sight of my beliefs. I believe that this is human nature. Time away can rejuvenate us, and bring us back into focus, or...cause us to realize that the public may be right. Well...time away and an increase in sales. ;)

****************************************************
Cruisin' Creations likes to give back to the community. When someone buys a pink, blue, red, orange or purple item we donate 10% of the purchase to a charitable organization. Who do we support?

Pink - American Cancer Society
Blue - Arthritis Foundation
Red - American Heart Association
Orange - Regional Food Bank
Purple - Alzheimer's Association

The pot of cash we will be donating at the end of December is growing rapidly! Won't you help support one of these organizations, and purchase an item from Cruisin' Creations today?

www.cruisincreations.etsy.com

****************************************************
Select 18" & 22" necklaces are 50% off! They were selling off the rack yesterday and when they are gone, they are gone! I will not be carrying them as a regular item again. So order yours today!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/121221738/wow-50-off-black-beaded-knitted-rope?ref=shop_home_active_18

https://www.etsy.com/listing/108011281/50-off-sale-turquoise-beaded-knitted?ref=shop_home_active_13
You can view all of the necklaces on sale at www.cruisincreations.etsy.com. Click on Sale Items.
****************************************************
This weekend we will be at Eagle Mills, 383 County Road 138, Broadalbin, NY. Just a short drive from the Capital Region it's always a good time with over 100 very talented crafters as well as apples and cider donuts to buy! 

Show hours:
Saturday - 9- 5
Sunday - 10 - 4

This is a great time to pick up your fall decorations or get a jump on your holiday shopping! We will be in space 141 in the middle tent. Stop buy and say hello! 

Until Next Time...

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment