Monday, October 27, 2014

Thank you!

As I age I realize that I wouldn't have accomplished as much as I have in my 61 years without so many who have supported me throughout my lifetime. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them!

Naturally, that support begins with my parents, siblings, and extended family who taught me respect, honesty, the value of a job well done, and trustworthiness. Some also taught me the crafting skills that have permeated my life and led me to several very fulfilling careers.

Friends and classmates who validated and challenged those morals and values from my family deserve thanks for being there to support and challenge me when I needed it. Coworkers also reinforced and challenged those early parental lessons as well and helped form me into the dedicated and devoted employee I spent my entire working career struggling to become.

My customers boost my spirits each time they praise my work or purchase one of Cruisin' Creations designs. They also keep me humble as they unknowingly point out the improvements that could be made.

And while they are family, special thanks go out to my husband and children who have been there to support and assist me in every endeavor I have attempted including Cruisin' Creations. They also put up with a lot of neglect each time my workaholic tendency reared its ugly head until I could get it in check.

Today I thank everyone for being there for me, for teaching me very valuable lessons, and for continuing to assist me with my current and future endeavors. I couldn't have done it without them!

Thank you! You make me a better person!

************************************************
Last week I profiled Anita from Basketkase. She sent me some information that I would like to pass on to you. Anita will be a vendor at the Annual Holiday Bazaar at the Thatcher Park Nature Center in Altamont, NY. It takes place on December 6, from 10:00 - 4:00 and December 7, from 10:00 - 2:00. All of the crafts at this event are high quality and beautiful! If you are in the area and see Anita please let her know that you heard about her through Cruisin' Creations blog!

************************************************
We've been very busy at Cruisin' Creations prepping for November's craft shows! As my husband strings beads onto the yarn for each design I am creating other pieces on the individual looms. A lot of skill and love goes into the creation of each handcrafted item! Pictured are a few of the accessories we've been working on...Go to www.cruisincreations.etsy.com to view our full line of women's accessories.







************************************************
On Tuesday I will be setting up at the Shaker Heritage Society's Christmas Craft Fair. This fair will take place Monday - Saturday from 10:00 - 4:00 at 25 Meeting House Road, Albany, NY. The meeting house transforms into a Winter Wonderland as each crafter sets up their space. The selection of items to choose from is tremendous. If you've never been to it I recommend that you stop by often as crafters visit frequently to update the inventory in their spaces. Dates for the Christmas Craft Fair are November 1 - December 20.

Previously reduced 18" & 22" rope necklaces will be available at the Shaker Christmas Craft Fair while supplies last. Any special orders will be at regular price. All One of a Kind Necklaces are on sale at $9.00 each. A selection of eyeglass holders, bracelets, necklace and bracelet sets, and waterfall scarves are also available for you to purchase. This craft fair is a major fundraiser for the Shaker Heritage Society which works very hard to raise the funds needed to maintain the many historical buildings on their property. 
From a previous year's show...
I'm also looking forward to this weekend's craft show at O'Rourke Middle School, 173 Lakehill Rd, Burnt Hills, NY. Hours - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, but stop by early, as I'm told it's a very busy show!

Until Next Time...

Diane

#cruisincreations
#ropenecklaces
#shakerheritagesocietychristmascraftfair
#orourkemiddleschoolcraftfair
#basketkase
#womensaccessories

2 comments:

  1. I love your post and especially the comments about a job well done. As a homeschooling mom, I try to instill this value in my children daily. A sense of accomplishment is such gift and spurs us on to greatness, hopefully to make this world a better place. Thanks for your insight and your wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete