Friday, October 11, 2013

Whatever Happened to Customer Service?

It seems that customer service has all but disappeared in many businesses. Many more times than I can count in the past couple of years I have been shopping and searched for someone to provide help only to find them incompetent, impolite, or difficult to understand. At other times they were too busy having personal conversations with their coworkers, texting, or talking on the phone to assist a live body in front of them. I was becoming very discouraged over the state of customer service in business.

Then I came in contact with a business that has taken customer service to a whole new level. They want each of their customers to be 100% satisfied and will go to great lengths to achieve this. What is the name of this company, you ask? Cafepress.com!

We learned about Cafepress.com from our daughter who has ordered many items from them. She spoke very highly of them so when it came time for my husband and me to purchase novelty cellphone cases for our new phones we, naturally, went to Cafepress.com.

Shortly after my cellphone case arrived I received an email survey from Cafepress. I noted in the survey that the edges of my case were starting to wear and perhaps they should look into another process for printing the pictures on the cases. Within a very short period of time I received an email from Maura about my comment. I won't bore you with all of the details, but Cafepress is replacing the case at no extra charge. 

It is so refreshing to me to find a business that understands the importance of happy customers. Happy customers generate the best type of advertising, word of mouth. Happy customers will always send their family and friends to businesses generating many more sales for those businesses. Unhappy customers provide word of mouth advertising as well - negative. One unhappy customer can provide negative advertising to at least 100 people in a very short period of time causing a drop in sales.

So if you are a business reading this blog, please train your employees to provide the best service possible. It will pay off!

Check out all of the unique items they have available at www.cafepress.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment