Monday, February 3, 2014

Bed Head, Legalizing Marijuana, and Other Musings

So, this week's post is on several things that have confounded me lately. While I don't want to get into a debate on each, I simply want to point out these observations.

Have you noticed the epidemic of bed head lately? I've noticed this for the past couple of years. It does not discriminate and can be observed on anyone. Because of this observation I make sure the back of my head has been combed before I leave the house.

Lately there is so much news about legalizing marijuana. Now, I'm not going to get into all of the legal and addictive arguments about this issue. I have one simple question. If smoking cigarettes is so dangerous for us and many are going after big corporations who have, supposedly, made cigarettes so addictive then why would anyone be advocating for the legalization of marijuana? Don't you have to inhale? Isn't that bad for your lungs? What about second hand smoke? Hmmmm???

So, I've registered all of our phones with the Do Not Call Registry at least twice since the first of the year and am still getting annoying calls from charities, magazines, credit card services, senior services, and power companies. Why are they not honoring the Do Not Call Registry? I found out they don't have to because the calls are not coming from the United States. Guess I have to spend money and get caller ID so I can screen these annoying calls...

So, I'm selling my designs at a craft show this past fall and have a brief conversation with a heavily tattooed gentleman. It is my understanding that tattoos can be very expensive so I can only imagine the hundreds of dollars he has spent for this body art. At some point during the conversation he mentions that he is on Medicaid. So, I start thinking...he can afford all these tattoos, but has to have taxpayers pay for his medical benefits. Hmmm? 

OK, I'll stop now...

********************************************
February is here and with that a new birthstone necklace is being unveiled. 
Actually, there are two necklaces this month. 
One is knitted with amethyst Swarovski crystals; 
the other with amethyst Czech beads.

Amethyst Swarovski Crystals are knitted into this soft white nylon yarn.
So light and airy, you won't even know you are wearing it, but  others will!

Amethyst Czech beads in different sizes and colors add such interest to this piece.
Click on Sets to view this necklace and bracelet set at Cruisin' Creations.
I recently wore a necklace like this to a doctor's appointment. 
It created such a stir with those working in the office! They loved it and placed orders!

Mother's and Grandmother's necklaces and bracelets are also available.
Simply visit my website, www.cruisincreations.etsy.com, and tell me the months you want included when you place your order and I will design a special piece for you!


Until next time...

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment