Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Musings On Retirement

21 months after skipping out the door on my last day of work as a teacher I find that I have become my parents. I used to wonder what they did all day after they retired and how could they be so busy when they didn't work. It baffled me! Well, I don't know what happens after that last day of work but I've fallen into the same pattern.

I thought I would have so much time to get everything done. Afterall, I didn't have to go to my job anymore. I had plans to clean out the clutter in our house, paint a room or two, keep up with the daily chores of cleaning the house, cooking, laundry, etc. Ha ha! While I do have the entire day to organize as I see fit, I find  even thought I have a list little of it gets done every day. !ll that time gets eaten up so quickly.

In the beginning my husband would ask what I do all day and while I had a list it really didn't sound like I did much of anything. Well, while he hasn't retired yet he has had little snippets of time where he now asks, Where did the time go?"

Yes, I am running a small business and spend many hours promoting online and creating new designs, but I don't do that for the entire day! So, where does the time go? No clue, but if anyone else can figure it out, please let me know...

As refreshing as Key Lime Pie!

That's the best way to describe our line of new mint green designs. Each scarf, necklet, bracelet, and eyeglass holder is adorned with pastel pink, blue, peach, green, and purple glass seed beads. The effect is gorgeous! Don't you agree?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/224309536/mint-green-summer-scarf-green-beaded?ref=shop_home_active_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/226694449/mint-green-single-bracelet-green-slip-on?ref=shop_home_active_1

https://www.etsy.com/listing/226431100/mint-green-necklace-mint-green-wrap?ref=shop_home_active_3

Upcoming Events

We are so excited to finally get out there and see our many loyal followers! March 21 & 22 we will be at the Foxcare Center, 1 Foxcare Dr, Oneonta, NY. This is a handmade only show with many very talented artists! Stop by, pick up some gifts for Easter, Mother's Day, and a little something for yourself. And while you're there stop by and say, "hello!"
Saturday - 9-5
Sunday - 10 - 3

Until Next Time...

Diane

#cruisincreations
#waterfallscarf
#cowlscarf
#necklet
#mintgreenbracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment